NBF is an end-suction pump made for fire sprinkler pump applications. NBF is a close-coupled type and NKF is a long-coupled type.
The NKF fire system is an NBF or NKF end-suction pump integrated with a coupling and a driver, which may be an electric motor or a diesel engine, assembled on a base frame.
Electric pump types can be ordered as a COMPACT model (inclusive of a controller integrated onto the baseframe).
Diesel-driven NKF. A controller always forms a part of the system.
The pump materials are in compliance with EN 12845 and prEN12259-12:
- Impeller and wear rings are made of bronze
- Wet parts such as shaft, washers and nuts are made of stainless steel
- Castings are made of cast iron.
Grundfos offers a complete, factory-assembled controller in a steel plate cabinet, suitable for wall mounting or to install free-standing. The controller pump complies with the EN 12845 standard. The controller for diesel-powered pump is always mounted on the base frame.
The electric motor is an MG or MMG motor complying with local standards for electric motors. As from 16 July 2011, the motors used in Europe will be IE2 = EFF 1 motors.
The diesel engine can operate continuously at full load at site elevation with rated output in accordance with ISO 3046-1:1986. The pump reaches full operational speed within 15 seconds; the engine is capable of starting at a room temperature of 5 °C.
Each complete engine pump unit is tested on the manufacturer’s test bed for at least 1.5 hours at rated flow rate, and the result recorded on the test certificate.
The Grundfos fire pump units are typically used in fire-fighting applications for supplying water to fire-hose reels, fire hydrants or sprinkler systems.
Features and benefits Pump
- Pump are made according to EN12845 and PrEN12259-12
- Electric or diesel powered
- Designed pump for superior functionality and performance reliability
- Simple installation and easy maintenance
- Compact design Pump
- Customised and reliable solutions
- Widest range from one supplier.