The Grundfos BMEX pump system is suitable for water treatment applications handling seawater and brackish water desalination.
Its special design to handle desalination features all wetted parts in seawater execution. For instance, all pump materials which are in contact with the seawater are made from 904L or duplex stainless steel.
In addition, the materials in contact with water in the pressure exchanger are made from duplex stainless steel and ceramic.
The BMEX pump system booster consists of:
- a BME high pressure feed pump
- one or more X-Changers
- a BM high pressure circulation pump of high-grade stainless steel
- a Variable Frequency Drive
Note: Base frame and manifold are optional for the X-Changers.
The BMEX pump system booster is based on the hydraulics of Grundfos SP_R submersible pumps and an ERD (Energy Recovery Device).
The booster system is used for:
- desalination of sea water in reverse osmosis system, i.e. SWRO systemts (SWRO = Sea Water Reverse Osmosis).
Applications BMEX pump system
- Desalination of brackish water and seawater.
Features and benefits BMEX pump system
- Energy recovery up to 60 %, compared to conventional systems, resulting in short payback period
- Corrosion- and wear-resistant internal ceramic components
- Couplings for easy installation
- High-grade stainless-steel frame and manifold
- Large flow rates and high heads
- Motor and bearings are standard components
- Maintenance-free shaft seal
- V-belt drive with high efficiency
- Easy to dismantle for service.